Sarah Elizabeth Kirby (known as Sally, my great-grandmother) was born in 1872. In 1895 Sally married Edward Thomas Fogg.
The 1891 census shows Edward was a sailmaker, and the family lived in Harbour Street Whitstable. The 1901 census shows that the family had moved into a 7 roomed house at 22 Nelson Road, Whitstable.
The 1911 census shows that Edward (still a sailmaker) and his family had now moved to Chalk Pit Hill, Chatham, Kent.
This is a photo of Sally and Edward in their later years.
Edward Thomas Fogg died in 1942 (age 68) and Sally Fogg died in 1944 (age 71) – both in Chatham, Kent
Edward and Sally had 7 children:
(1) George William Edward (1895-1970) In 1917 George married Elizabeth Ann Arnold and they had two children. In WW1 George (pictured right) was a private in the Machine Gun Corps. In 1919 he was awarded the British War Medal and Victory Medal.
(2) Nellie (1898-1986) In 1921 Nellie married Leslie Vernon Bearand they had two daughters.
(3) Edward (1902-1902) Edward died a few weeks old.
(4) Harold (1903-1986) Harold was my grandfather. In 1926 he married Kathleen Fanny Monk. More about their life story appears on the next page.
(5) Violet Lydia (1905-1978) In 1928 Violet married Herbert Smith, and they had three children.
(6) Percy (1909-2000) In 1932 Percy married Margaret McCutcheon. They had two children.
(7) Norah (1913-1987) In 1935 Norah married Joseph Hewitt.
> Harold Fogg and Kathleen Fanny Monk (my grandparents)
Last updated: March 11, 2022 at 15:12 pm